Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Pinspired Apple Doesn't Fall Far


I made this card following this pin. The card base is from Colorbok Signature Paper Family Double-Sided 12 x 12 Pad as is the apple that I fussy cut and the sentiment- The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree. The orange and white striped origami square is from Recollections Home Basics 6 x 6 Paper Pad. The kraft mat is from my stash. This was the simplest card I've made, but seemed hard at first. I had to use a ruler to draw the diagonal lines to fold the paper back and the sentiment took awhile to pick out. I also fussy cut the leaves around the sentiment. I'm planning on taking this card to a workshop I plan on attending at Stamp and Scrapbook Expo September 15-16 in Mesa, AZ. We have to make 16 cards ahead and will swap with 15 other girls. One will be judged for a prize. It's my first Expo and I'm excited! I won 2 vouchers and am flying out of New Bern September 13. I'm meeting a friend at our connecting flight in Charlotte and we will fly into Phoenix together. We're going to travel a lot of Arizona and visit with some of my friend's family. It's the farthest west I will ever have been! TFL!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello lovely card. Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to more. Take care...Brenda from facebook

HeatherB said...

Very cute card! I just love the fall. I like the paper and colors

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...