Friday, November 17, 2017

A Year of Card Techniques November Masking Magic Blog Hop


Welcome to

Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique. We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas.
This month we’re going to explore masking techniques.  There are so many variations of masking, it would be difficult to list them all here.  But, since pictures speak louder than words, we’ll let our team show you the masking techniques they opted to try.  Hopefully, we’ll inspire you to try one yourself.  If you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here:
Our amazing sponsor this month is Jodie Park of Close to My Heart

Please take a moment to check out her store here.
And the awesome prize this month is:

We really appreciate feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in the hop today.  The winner will be announced on Sunday, November 26, 2017, on A Piece of (my) Heart’s blog, so be sure to check her blog on Sunday. The winner will have until December 14, 2017, to claim their prize.
You should have arrived here from Wilma-- https://stampintotheoldies.blogspot.ca/2017/11/masking.html  .  If you're visiting here first, you might want to start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing and increase your chances of winning by commenting on each blog.
Before I tell you the details of my card, I must share the tutorial I followed- Splitcoaststampers.

My card base is Recollections Value Pack 4"x 5.5". I used Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Twisted Citron, I was given the round dauber from the Expo I attended in Mesa shown in the pic, and here's the kicker as to what I used as my sponge- 1 Equate Cotton Round that's supposed to be used for first aid and beauty. I won the ink at the Expo and learned that we could use make-up sponges on the daubers, because the dauber has Velcro at the bottom. The only sponges I could find had Vitamin E in them and I wasn't sure if that would mess up my ink. I did order some daubers this week from Heartfelt Creations and was hoping I would get them in the mail on time for the hop, but as I type this they are on the way and are due to arrive Friday, today, the day of the hop. :( I'm glad my back-up plan worked! The only difference I did with my card than the tutorial is I didn't put the negative paper that I used to cut the die with back on the paper. I used the third largest (the third to largest) of the Chinese circle die set to make the circle that I cut using my Cricut Cuttlebug. The Christmas tree stamp is from Hampton Art Happy Holidays Stamp and Die Set. I stamped it with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink and colored it in with Staedtler Colored Pencils. The tag and bling are from a Christmas in July pocket letter swap. I was looking for ribbon, but found this pocket letter. It's a good thing, because I also made some Christmas tags with some ornament dies from the same pocket letter. The twine is Trendy Twine Candy Cane. I cut a slit just beyond the spine of the card and inserted it twice around the card and tied it on the inside. Oh, I almost forgot my sentiment- Merry Christmas. It is from Hero Arts Christmas Clear Stamp set and I used Ranger ink to stamp it.  I will be mailing this card out to someone this Christmas. I'm trying to make a few at a time and then will mail them. I need to start making a list so I know when to stop! :)
Now you’re off to visit with Jodie-- https://stampin-jodie.blogspot.ca/2017/11/a-year-of-card-techniques-november-2017.html . Hope you had fun and thanks for stopping by.  See you next month with another great technique!
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the rest of the hop!
Here’s the full line-up in case you get lost along the way:



11 comments:

Katydid Cards said...

Adorable little tree! Don't you just love it when the backup plan actually works? Good improvisation! A pleasure hopping with you!

Stampin-Jodie Creations said...

Cute card!! Happy Hoping with you!!

stamp-color-and create said...

What a fun card. I'll have to give that makeup sponge thing a try. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Sharon
A Piece Of (my) Heart Blog
**Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

Wilma said...

I hadn't thought of using a makeup sponge - thanks for the tip.

Claudia Henderson said...

Love your little tree Amanda and the story around it. Sometime plan B is a good thing to have LOL and the outcome is often even better as planed in plan A. Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us and hopping along.

Denise S. said...

Cute card.

lorby said...

Good for you to keep going and implement plan B. Your tree and card are adorable.

Joan V said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing the video, too.

Debbie Bonczek said...

Love your Christmas card. So cute.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

very pretty card!

Alicia

Darlene Iglehart said...

I liked your sponge method..lol. I hate it when I am waiting for an order and I want it now!

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...